Welcome to the first episode of the Grounded Podcast with Dinée Dorame! In this conversation, you’ll hear Kul Wicasa Lakota runner, Jordan Marie Brings Three White Horses Daniel talk about her family history in running, her time as a Native student at the University of Maine, her past struggles with an eating disorder and her recovery process, and her upcoming projects (including a virtual race opportunity for listeners)! She’s currently sponsored by both Altra & Rabbit, while also serving as the Founder and Executive Director of Rising Hearts grassroots organization. You may have seen Jordan on the November 2020 cover of Runner’s World, being highlighted for the work and prayer runs she’s done to bring widespread awareness to the Missing & Murdered Indigenous Women, Girls, & Two-Spirit (MMIWGTS+) epidemic facing our communities, as well as other issues around climate change and land protection.
TW: Eating Disorder (from minutes 28-37)
In this Episode…
- Rising Hearts Grassroots Organization
- Bears Ears 300-mile Prayer Run (Sept 2020)
- Running on Native Lands Initiative
- Running on Native Lands / EliteFeats VIRTUAL 5K, 10K & HALF MARATHON (Virtual Race Entries open until February 6th, 2021)
- Franklin’s Mushroom Popcorn (Jordan’s Favorite Snack!)
Follow Grounded Pod:
Music in this episode by Jacob Shije (Santa Clara Pueblo). This podcast was made possible through the Tracksmith Fellowship Program.